Saturday 14 January 2012

An Afterthought About Christmas


It's mildly shocking the amount of effort and excitement is injected into us by The System for Christmas, simply because its the time of year when we are guaranteed to spend ridiculous amounts of money, even though it's ONE DAY out of a whole year. It really struck me when an lady who works at my workplace said, "It's over so quickly, isn't it?" And I thought... actually, she's right. The amount of build-up there is for one day is fucking stupid. I'm hearing Christmas songs from the end of October. But hey, its also the happiest time of year for many people, so I can't complain. Anyway, I'm starting to realise how futile it is to pick bones about the society I live in - nothing can be done, other than to trod on and keep commenting on what a dumb population I'm a part of.



Peace, Love.
Star xx

________________________________________