You know me. I like visual stimulants. :')
(Which really just involves me scrolling through pretty and colourful pictures. Such is the life of a lazy writer.)
The Grown Up Ponytail
This came from an article in Stylist called Revolutionise Your Blow-Dry. I didn't like any of the styles (plus, they wouldn't work as intended on my afro-hair) but there was one that I adored called the Grown-Up Ponytail.
- This look works best the day after a blow-dry when the hair has settled down and is more malleable. To add some extra texture thoughout, spray the roots with a dry shampoo, £2.99, Batiste and brush through to the ends.
- Using a flat brush – Oval Dressing Brush, £20, ghd, – smooth the hair back from the crown and keep it tight at the sides.
- Leave a little height on top to soften the face and secure with a thin band at the back of the head in line with the top of the ears – this will ensure the ponytail retains more volume than it would at the nape of the neck.
- Add a slick fashion edge to the ponytail by lightly misting the head with a shine spray such as Meta Sheer Dry Oil Finishing Spray, £23, Serge Normant.
- Finish by wrapping ribbon – head to VV Rouleaux for the best selection – around the base of the ponytail and fixing into a bow, for extra Sixties nonchalance.
H&M Knitted Dress
For reasons I can't explain, I absolutely love this picture. Its just so natural. I love how casual it is and I love the dresses, they're so cutee. Saw this in the newspaper before Christmas.
Saw this is the Music section of a newspaper; London based girl group. Never heard of them before but I love their style!
^ the jumpsuit =O
^ pink croptop and skirt omg <3
^those glasses are the business. (Love that girl's jumper too.)I listened to their song 'Love M'e as well, it's really good. They all have confident, unique singing voices. J'aime.
... Lacoste,'Touch Of Pink'? I do, because I remember wanting the dress the girl in the advert, for ages and ages.
Despite my clear neglect of what was originally intended to be a 'writer's blog', I'm continuing with my business plan now. Wish me success!
Love, from aunty Star. heh =]