Tuesday 14 May 2013

Mindf***

I'm still not ready to talk about The Terrible Horror, The Horrible Terror, whichever. Not ready. Maybe if I put it off long enough, I'll forget it. Anyway. Here's another filler post.

I'm currently writing my uni essay, it's on Postmodernism. I just began reading sociologist Jean Baudrillard's postmodernist essay, and here is the opening quote:

'The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth - it is the
truth which conceals that there is none.
The simulacrum is true.
                                                - Ecclesiates.'
Jean Baudrillard, 'The Precession of Simulacra' in The Norton Anthology of Theory and Criticism, ed. Vincent B. Leitch et al., (New York: W.W.Norton & Company, 2010)




I may as well just give up now.


Star.
________________________________________