Monday 17 February 2014

Shen Yun 2014 - MUSIC

RUSH POST.

I never get tired of seeing their new yet familiar banner every year!!

I've written about Shen Yun Performing Arts before; first, when I went the first time in 2012, and again in 2013. I simply love the company, from the artistic style to the costumes, to the backdrop to the choreography to the music.

But right now, I just have to talk about that PHENOMENAL music.

I can't explain how much I love it, how much it moves me. Every time I see a trailer or a short clip, the unmistakable sound of merged Chinese and Western classical and folk music. Since Shen yun 2012, I've been trying to get my hands on a CD of the orchestral pieces used in the performance, but I can't seem to buy one anywhere. Not even Amazon!!! Good ol' Amazon!!!

I left a comment on youtube and somebody kindly responded with a link, but it leads to the company site where you can gifts and memorabilia and the like, and the only CD's there at the moment seem to be a DVD of the performance, which of course I can't put on my violet iPod. Booo. Maybe this will change. Hopefully it will. =D





Star xx

This is one of my Rush Posts - when they are all posted, you will find my NOTICE OF SUSPENSION.