Saturday 1 February 2014

Guess What?: The Liebster Blog Award

Happy February!



As it happens, I've been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. Cool huh? My first blog award. I celebrated by making it my first post in February and the Chinese New Year - oh! And I created a new tag. c:

I was nominated by the incredible Zoe of That's Zoe blog, one of my favourite blogs pretty much ever. Thanks so much Zoe! Please check out her blog, she writes incredible, inspirational things, and if you've been following my blog you know that my posts aren't always cupcakes and rainbows. Zoe's blog always cheers me up!


_______________


The Liebster Award Rules


  • Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
  • Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
  • Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
  • Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
  • Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
  • List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
  • Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)



My 11 Answers (to the questions HERE from Zoe)


1.What's your most favorite part of blogging?
Being able to post whatever I want. No social media restrictions, no forum restrictions, I can be as serious or as carefree as please me and if I want to post a question mark than I can do so. YEP!
2. What do you do other than blogging?
Work, eat, drink, live... =D Jk, as a hobby, I write. A lot. I also read a lot but I'm not much in the mood for it lately.

3. What are your interests?
Generally speaking, the fantasy genre. That extends to my love of books, comics, video games, manga and movie soundtracks. That aside, I really like eating O_O
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Wow, um.... I don't watch TV! I haven't in years. The last thing I saw was either Frozen Planet or Game Of Thrones, and by that I mean Season ONE.

5. If you were to be stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you like to be with you?
Something with unlimited battery to play music, the biggest book in the world, and I know she's not a thing by my Mum. SHE GOTTA COME WITH ME.
6. What is your main goal for this year?
Get my book finished and published. 2014 DONE.

7. How would you like to see yourself in 10 years time?
... successful is the short answer, the long answer is: with my family all around me, financially stable and able to help others in some way, doing what I can to improve the state of mother earth and still pursuing my love of story creation.
8. Where do you want to travel?
Japaaaaaaan! Nihon!
9. Are you a listener or a speaker?
Listener. But I can talk your ears off if given half the chance =D Just give me the right topic and I can talk forever. Otherwise I'll be the sponge soaking up info.

10. What do you like most about yourself—physical and characteristic trait?
Awwww Zoe this one is haaaaard! Physical, I really have no idea. If I'm forced to say something then I'll say eyes, cause like, what can go wrong with your eyes...
Characteristic, I think kindness. I dislike it a lot because it makes me vulnerable, and when I feel defensive, it sure is a struggle to be like 'No, really, I DON'T hate you! Jerk.' But I realise that it's helped me to reach out to people I might not know otherwise, really nice and unique people. If that's not my strongest point, then... I am a very good sleeper. I can sleep for like 12 hours ._.

11. Describe a dream vacation.
I have NO idea what to say on this one. Let just say, I went to Florida and saw relatives, or I went to Japan and went to a convention where everybody liked what I liked and danced to Touhou music.


I KNEW my answers were gonna be long.
This is why you never give me a questionnaire !!!!


11 Random Facts About Myself

1. First word was 'duck'. I was referring to a bath toy as opposed to the verb. c:
2. I used to a a dancer, until I gave it up for the love of books. SO unfit now.
3. There's so many notebooks and pens in my house, we could start a shop.
4. I have egos. Which I hope was obvious from the blog. But my current ego (I think it's S.K.) doesn't want to go into that.
5. Obsessed with Japanese culture.
6. I love learning new skills. I always find myself trying to learn a new language.
7. I have an erratic, over-stimulated, super-imaginative mind. It's the cause of my years-long childhood insomnia, my phases of talking to myself in empty rooms, my awesome fantasy super-powered dreams, the reason I struggle to write one story as a time, and why I have seven blogs. (Five are public, one is private, one is for another ego.)
8. Eight is my lucky number, partly because of the I Ching. It has also been 5 (birthday), 7 (just like it) and same-digit numbers (Only 11 or 22 actually.)
9. SO glad I was born female. I love being a girl. Odd but true.
10. I have always thought myself as weird, different from everybody else, yet I've been told I'm 'cool' more than once. I'm happy. Either the standard has dropped or I'm, somehow, KEWL!
11. I go off on tangents. ^ Often.


My 11 Nominees

1. Zoe  of That's Zoe (yes again. She is AWESOME. On her blog like every day!)
http://thatszoe.blogspot.co.uk/
2. The Mad Twins
http://themadtwins.blogspot.co.uk/
3. Inger Anna Jones from So You Want To Be A Writer?
http://mrsjonestakesaleapeoffaith.blogspot.co.uk/
4. Vivian Leung from Vivianista...
http://www.vivianista.com/
5. Zoos from Tainted Heart
http://www.tainted-heart.com/
6. Shaire Blythe from Okay God, Why Am I Here?
http://midniqhtchic.blogspot.co.uk/
7. Skye from Skye's Scribblings
http://scribblerskye.blogspot.co.uk/
8. Melanie C from Mellow Yellow Blog (415 followers on bloglovin, phew.)
http://www.mellowyellowblog.com/
9. Dalanda from The Dalanda Archives
http://thedalandaarchives.blogspot.co.uk/
10. Nix of The Forbearer
http://theforbearer.blogspot.co.uk/
11. ANDDD, last but not least, my fairly recent-ish discovery... (so hard to choose this last one!) *drumroll*
Thalia of Fashion Galaxies XO !!
http://fashiongalaxiesxo.blogspot.co.uk/




I also adore Sakuranko, but she's got over a thousand followers!! Well, Liebster Award rules...

This was surprisingly hard. I could go into a lot of detail about why I like each one and others I could have added to the list, but - another day!! I also mention bloggers I come across that I liked HERE.



My 11 Questions


1. What was your goal when you first started blogging?
2. First Word?
3. (As a fantasy writer, I MUST ASK- !) What fantasy book, film, game or otherwise do you like best (or which one are you most familiar with?) :D
4. Aaaand favourite book in general? (Includes non-fiction, mangas and comics. ANYTHING.)
5. What's something you thought was true as a child, and now know it isn't?
6. Who is your favourite music artist?
7. Earth, Air, Water, Fire - which one describes you the most and why?
8. What's your favourite public holiday or time of year?
9. What is a talent you are proud of and a talent you wish you had?
10. If you became a millionaire tomorrow, actually TODAY, what's the first thing you would do?
11. Finally - what thing, person or experience makes you extremely happy? Really! =D


_______________


This is very interesting to me: as it passes through the ever-typing fingers of so many bloggers, who can say how much the award had changed, like that childhood game Chinese Whispers?

Some people swap around the order, change the font or size, miss out some of the sections (such as the 11 Random Facts, I often see that missed out =D ) I have found two blogs which seem to try and pin down the Very First Liebster Award:

http://liebsterawards.blogspot.co.uk/p/reglas.html AND
http://sopphey.onimpression.com/2012/05/liebster-blog-award-origins.html .

And this also led me to find The Pros and Cons of Receiving Blog Awards post. All very interesting, yes?



.....I wanna create an award O_O



Star xx